Bill Mulvahill, CFP® CPA
Bill Mulvahill is a fee-only financial planner in our Minneapolis office. Bill thinks of himself as a financial trail guide, helping busy professionals to a confident retirement through holistic, tax-focused financial planning.
Bill has a strong and diverse background in the financial services industry which puts him in a unique position to offer comprehensive financial and tax advice. Prior to joining Trailhead Planners, Bill started his own business, a financial planning firm called Essential Wealth, which shared similar values and a commitment to client service with Trailhead Planners. Essential Wealth and Trailhead Planners merged in early 2020.
Prior to starting his financial planning practice, he was able to build a wealth of experience in both investment research and tax planning that he carries forward into our firm today. Some highlights include:
- Master of Business Taxation degree from the University of Minnesota's Carlson School of Management
- Investment research analyst for RBC Capital Markets' Equity Research group, covering the banking industry immediately following the 2008 financial crisis
- Senior tax consultant in Deloitte Tax LLP's Private Wealth group
- Financial planner at Minneapolis Wealth Advisors, a private wealth advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial Services
Bill has a bachelor’s degree in finance from the University of St. Thomas, where he played collegiate golf for four years. He is a Certified Financial Planner™ and a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) registered with the Minnesota Board of Accountancy. He is also a proud member of the following organizations:
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- Alliance of Comprehensive Planners (ACP)
- XY Planning Network
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
Currently, Bill and his wife, Kelly, live in the Minneapolis area with their yellow lab, Max. In their free time, they enjoy reading, golfing and planning their next adventure out west.